Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New milestone

Well, our last doctor's visit marked a new milestone in my life. Lucy was getting her 1-week checkup, which included getting weighed (and by the way, she gained almost ONE POUND... yes a 14% gain in only 7 days! Although I'm thinking I could probably accomplish that feat if I lived off cream, too.) Anyway, when babies get weighed, they have to be stripped naked (which the fortunately don't require for adults... that would ruin my "I'm weighing my lead-lined pants" excuse). Well Lucy HATED this and right after the weighing, I, being the inexperienced father that I am, picked her up to console her, only to be repaid for my empathy with a dousing of urine all down my shirt!

Fortunately urine is sterile, or my germaphobia would have required that I drive home from the doctor's office shirtless. As it was, I totally forgot about the incident until I was taking off my shirt that night for a shower and realized that it was the urine-coated one. Despite knowing that the urine was quite benign, it still made me cringe.

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME!?!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Bwaahahahaa... Be greatful she isn't a boy.. or so I hear... what would I know.... haha

Anonymous said...

I hear that becoming a parent means you get used to any substance coming out of any orifice and, over time, you are no longer affected by the gross-ness. Time will tell and many of your clothes will likely pay the price... hahahha

Anonymous said...

classic...
ber

Brent Campbell said...

Did it arc? Cause that's what happens with boys. They can arc it up... into the air... and back down into their own face. Spectacular.