Monday, April 07, 2008

Huh?

I guess I REALLY don't know what a newborn baby looks like. And doesn't that just ruin your appetite for a Gordito Burrito from Taco Bell?

Sorry about the lack of blog posts. Our remodel is winding to a close. (The carpet was installed on Friday!!!) I spent yesterday assembling a crib that I had to repair somewhat, as the bars had a pesky habit of falling apart. THAT needed to get addressed, as I absolutely HATE it when my baby's crib collapses on her when she's in it! (And I'm sure she wouldn't be a fan of it, either!) I tested it by getting in it myself, and despite Margaret's estimates at how much the baby weighs, I'm SURE that I weigh more than twenty times the baby.

7 comments:

CCinPDX said...

I have discovered babies weight can vary dramatically from moment to moment - usually in the decreasing fashion.

For example, a baby is likely to lose weight very quickly the instant you raise her above your head and she unloads up her most recent feeding in your face.

CCinPDX said...

With regards to the burrito comment, see here: How to make a burrito baby

sonya d said...

This made me laugh out loud. no pictures of you in the crib?

Unknown said...

Babies can also decrease their weight through hyperactive intestinal action just before visits to the doctor for weighing.

Tracy said...

Well, it's good you tested it. When the tiny baby grows to be a 2 year old (and yes she should still be in a crib then) and jumps up and down in the crib. I have had a hefty nephew shake, rattle, and jump a crib to death. I think he lived on a diet of sugar though.

congratulations on getting the carpet and the crib done. I guess that means I should send you some stuff....

Deb said...

I love the visual of you in the crib. Hilarious. Way to make that crib safe! I'm happy to hear about the remodel....did I mention that I am waiting for pictures?!

That baby....oh, wait, burrito story is also hilarious...thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The people who reported the baby must have some ugly kids if the thought a burrito looked like a baby.