Friday, April 25, 2008

Manna from heaven


Can you imagine anything more glorious than being caught in a Diet Coke rainstorm? Check out this picture from the biggest Mentos-dropped-in-Coke explosion EVER! Although if it were me, I wouldn't have worn the raincoat and just looked up with an open mouth and a funnel in the hopes of drinking the sweetest rain in the history of rain! As it was, all those hooded raincoats makes the scene look more like some druidic sacrifice to Seltzer, the god of carbonation.

You can read about the event (including more pictures) here. And it happened in a town in Belgium where a good friend of our lives, so Pam, when you read this, let me know in a comment if you got in on the action or saw the Coke River flowing through Leuven.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I saw this article too, but that post is hilarious! That story is much more comical knowing your thoughts! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

J - I feel so lame! The Ladeuzeplein is literally 5 blocks from my apt and I had no idea this happened here this week. I am sorry I missed it, indeed! I did not hear anything about this at work, on the news, or in the papers I read (a sign I need to improve my Dutch further, eh?). I guess all work and no play does make Pam a dull girl. I did hear about a Fish Festival in Brussels -decided it wasn't really my thing (can you imagine the smell?). But this one would have been well worth it! Sorry I missed it as I would have taken tons of photos and sent you aftermath photos too... Sorry! I was in this square last night and the heavy rains here this week appear to have washed away all evidence of the mentos/coke river.

Hope you are well - it is only a few more days until the baby heads for the light! Exciting times!
Pam