Thursday, September 18, 2008

Aaaa! Where's my mind bleach?


And here I thought that Mormonism couldn't get more commercialized and treacly. This book is the unholy union of the Book of Mormon and Anne Geddes! Because that's just what the world needs, pictures of cute kids reenacting scenes from the scriptures to make people believe in them even MORE! And I shudder to think of the poor kids posing for the photos of Bathsheba bathing, the wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah, or the slaying of Abel by Cain scenes.

If, by some ironic need or head injury, you would like to get this book, it is of course available from that veritable purveyor of all things kitschy Mormon--Deseret Book (read about Margaret's last visit to one here)!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Deseret Book must bring out my turrets because whenever I'm in there I have the urge to yell obscenities, take my clothes off or do something really shocking - like light up a cigarette. Must be the figurines.

sonya d said...

I am truly frightenend.

Tracy said...

I don't know what to say (but they have one of those mormon super centers in Orem too)

Anonymous said...

Just think…that kid can use that modeling gig on his resume FOREVER.