Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Good ol' public transportation

I haven't had any good stories from riding on public transportation in a while. Probably because I've been compulsively doing the daily crossword puzzle and I don't notice what's going on around me any more. Well, I certainly noticed this morning! When the bus stopped at a stop, the rear door, which I was standing near, opened, but no one got out. After a few seconds, someone elbowed me in the gut and shouted, "Get out of my f*@!($ing way!" She had made no indication prior to that that she wanted to get off... a fact that I said down to her when she'd gotten off the bus. Her response, of course, was to pucker up her face like a constipated wildebeest and flip me off. Brother! I was strangely Zen about the whole thing, because the girl seemed supremely unhappy, which made me feel okay about it.

Plus, on a side note, she looked like the type of girl who is militant about fighting violence against women, yet that was her FIRST course of action. What's up with that?

No comments: