Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I forgot something

I forgot to write something cool that we saw on Day Four. Something that we totally didn't expect to see. While we were defrosting in the hot tub, I looked up and saw what at first I thought was a jet in the western sky. Then I noticed that it was going really fast. No, I mean REALLY fast. Plus the angle was all weird, too. I pointed it out to Margaret, and we watched it as it went behind a cloud, then didn't come out the other side. When we finally made it out, it was barely visible and had a shock wave surrounding it. We inadvertantly got to witness what we thought was a space shuttle launch. I just checked NASA's schedule and it turns out it was actually a rocket... but still, pretty cool. Here's a picture of the rocket that was launched, for added effect. (And to... well, you know who your are...: I don't care IF you're from Florida... it WAS a rocket!)

You can get the inside scoop of that last comment here.

No comments: