Friday, February 02, 2007

Surprise!

Yesterday I came home to find a package on the porch from Amazon. It had my name on it, but I hadn't ordered anything, so I assumed that Margaret had ordered it, so I didn't open it. When she got home, she said she hadn't ordered anything either. I opened it up and found my first birthday present of the year (which is coming up on FEBRUARY TENTH... yep, just around the corner)! I got a pair of cool headphones that won't fall off my head when I'm running. I'd put them on my Amazon wish list and one of my mission buddies saw my Amazon wish list after reading about my upcoming birthday (which is coming up on FEBRUARY TENTH) on this blog and ordered them for me! Cooool! Thanks Trace! Now my iPod is going to be kickin'!

Speaking of Apple, I saw this quote in today's paper and it exemplifies my discipleship of all things Apple (an evangelism that has resulted in more conversions to Mac than successful conversions to Mormonism while I was in Norway): "Today I realized the feeling of optimism that I held dear when I was a kid--that everything was going to work out and be better for everyone when I got older--isn't captured by the folks at NASA anymore. It's the people at Apple that provide that."

Yeah! I know with every fiber of my being that Apple is true and that Steve Jobs is the mouthpiece of... well, you get the picture.

2 comments:

Dave D. said...

Great Quote!

Tracy said...

Just in rememberance of the sucky Holiday season, and birthdays in the MTC. Glad you got it. You're welcome. ;)