Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Afterlife

The other night, I had a dream where Margaret and I found ourselves in a wild west looking train station. As a train pulled up laden with supplies, the engineer asked us why we were there. When we told him that we didn't even know how we got there, he said, "Oh, you must need to be taken in. Let me deliver this stuff and I'll be right back to take you." We didn't know where "in" was, but waited and soon after, sure enough, the engineer came back. Right after boarding, Margaret and I got separated and I ended up in a place where you had to sort yourself between good and evil by taking a red marked or yellow marked gel pack and add some dye to it to confirm. Well, of course I grabbed the yellow, being the "good" one, but then discovered that I didn't have the dye to put into it. I then got some, but when I opened up the pack, some of the lid came off into the gel, rendering it unuseable. When I asked the worker what I was supposed to do, she told me that another batch would be ready in three days. As I milled around waiting, I got to talking with someone, who told me that we were in the afterlife, which consisted of all these different places that people were sent to depending on their personality and outlook. This particular one was for people that did things out of an unshakeable sense of obligation. Ugg. My subconscious has me pegged! It's like it can read my mind!

Anyway, I woke up aggravated! I get sent to bureaucracy-central while Margaret probably got sent to the one for people who couldn't care less about "rules." I'd imagine that one looked like a giant rave with plenty of ecstasy floating around. Either that or the one in charge of keeping track of all the genealogical records. It's probably one of the two, but either way, I'm sure she'd be having TONS of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you said to yourself,"why didn't I take the red pill" huh NEO, did you watch the Matrix that night before bed?