Monday, May 07, 2007

Proper dinnertime conversation

Last night, Margaret and I went to dinner at the home of a couple from our ward. They have several children, all under the age of 5. Well, their 3-year-old daughter was completely enamored with me, wanting to play with me, talk to me, and sit next to me at dinner. During the course of eating, she looked over and saw the mole on my face and told me that she had a mole, too...it was on her leg. Then, before her parents could do something about it, she stood up on her chair, pulled down her pants and underwear, and showed off her mole--which was on her leg, alright... where the leg meets the crotch! Just what you want to see when you're trying to eat. After she'd showed off her mole, she nonchalantly pulled her pants back up and continued eating. I wonder what the age threshhold is that pulling your pants and underwear down at the dinnertable becomes a conversation stopper. (And I'm pretty confident that I'm LOOOONG past that point!) Which reminds me of this one time in Norway... well, I'll save that story for later.

No comments: