Friday, May 25, 2007

Illiterate subway riders

I almost forgot about the spiel some homeless guy on the subway said while we were riding back from Brooklyn. The guy got on and said:

"Excuse me people." (Of course he didn't make eye contact with anyone on the subway, nor did anyone look at him. I guess it's a system to avoid human interaction... whatever works!) "I'm a homeless Vietnam vet. Anything you can give would be appreciated. I need all the help I can get, because when I was in Vietnam, I was exposed to Agent Orange. It was used to kill trees and other vegetarian..."

No, that's not a typo--he really did say vegetarian. (Although I guess there are a lot of people in the beef industry that would like to find a quick and easy way to kill vegetarians... they're so bad for business.)

No comments: