Thursday, August 02, 2007

Scandal-ridden missionaries

Just as I finished up the last post about questionable missionary activities, I got an email from an old mission friend telling me about some elder that applied for unemployment while he was serving a mission. And he got it. Unfortunately the wheels of government, while slow, do turn eventually, and when they found out, they wanted all their money back! Actually, it was a pretty good idea, as there was no traceable employment or means of support for the missionaries in regards to tax records or anything. Talk about a way to supplement funds to... uh, spread the gospel... yeah, that's why he was doing it... I'm sure of it...

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Remember when we used to have to register in each city? Well, since I was in Kristansand forever, and then we didn't have to register anymore. I had Kristiansand hounding me for taxes a year or so after I got home.


I think I finally had to call them and tell them I was an american citizen and when I had returned to the states.

Yes, wheels of government....