Friday, November 03, 2006

I'm King of the World!

Don't you just HATE totally clichéd reenactments of lame movies. Any yet here I am, bowing to pressure to entertain (actually, I guess I do that every day I post to this blog... arg, I've devolved into a circus monkey. Meh, at least I'm a circus monkey with great hair Italian villa ridiculously large trust fund... aaaaaiiiieeee! I'm just a circus monkey!!!) Well, now that we've got that settled, here's the background on the photo. A couple of weeks ago, I was in Astoria, Oregon (you know... the town from Goonies, Kindergarten Cop, and Free Willy) for work. While we were there, we stopped by the maritime museum there. (It was that or Seafood Processing Adventure World, but who wants to wait in lines to ride the Shrimp Boat Flume Ride--not me.) The museum was like a scene out of The Guardian--they had lots of dramatic rescue footage, model ships, and duck decoys. Okay, that really didn't have anything to do with maritime stuff, I guess the curator just likes them. Anyway, a retired lighthouse ship is moored at the museum, which visitors get to go through and gawk at and marvel at how boring life must have been for the sailors on that boat. Essentially it was designed to be a lighthouse where there was no land to build one, so they just anchored at the same location permanently. The only excitement would come from major storms--and that would be because you thought you might DIE! One thing that would have passed the time would have been to do lame Leonardo Dicapprio impressions, like I'm doing in this picture. After I posed for this picture, I thought, "Great. I just caught myself on film doing something that I would unmercifully mock someone else for doing." I guess that's the benefit of my particular talent of being able to absolutely justify any action I might do. That was a talent that was very useful on my mission. (See yesterday's entry.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nerd!

Just teasing.. but if I actually knew you I wouldn't have said that I was just teasing.

All I know is that you left a comment on the confessor's latest post.