Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stupid homeownership

Over the weekend, the Northwest has been completely inundated with rain. One of the rain stations near Mt. St. Helens posted 31 INCHES of rain from Thursday to Sunday! Well, Monday, it was still raining buckets. That night, Margaret and I sat down to watch Heroes, and since Margaret abhors commercials with every fiber of her being, she mutes them. (I, being male, have the gene to tune out the extraneous noise, which comes in handy when there's a screaming baby around, I assume.) Anyway, I noticed when she muted the tv that the rain was REALLY coming down. Unfortunately when I went outside to check on it, it was raining pretty hard, but it sounded even worse, as our gutters were clogged. So, in my pajamas, I tried to do something. I can't believe how idiotic I must have looked standing on a ladder with a long stick with a wire tied to it. I tried to run my makeshift gutter cleaner two stories up, but the stupid tool didn't make a bit of difference, other than getting me all wet. I eventually had to climb out on the roof and see what I could do, which was just enough to keep the gutters from overflowing, but just barely. The next day, I got sick and it feels like an ear infection. Arg. Just another example of why people choose condomiums condominiums! (Oops! Thanks Tracy)

And to top it all off, I missed the last twenty minutes of Heroes? Oh cruel fates, why must you mock me?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I think you need to check the spelling of one word. I thought you were talking about birth control for a minute, then I realised that really didn't fit in the subject.