Friday, March 16, 2007

Hey! I could get used to this...

I could get used to this guest blogger thing. Of course I'd have to screen potential entries to ensure they meet my high and discriminating writing standards--I'm talking Pulitzer-calibre stuff--you know, like you're used to getting from me. We'll see how this all pans out.

Well, it's now been a week since I was running around like a whirling dervish... well, maybe not a WHIRLING dervish, but definitely a casually moseying dervish. I'm still recovering from the ordeal event, and here I am getting ready for another weekend out of town at another 50th anniversary event. I'm going to be so sick and tired of the whole topic that I probably won't be ready to deal with it again until the 75th anniversary.

At least my birthday present from Margaret has been a help in destressing. I love my new Wii. As you probably gathered from Margaret's guest post, we've been having lots of fun performing surgeries. My brother and sister were here when we first rented that game and we all took turns performing routine operations like stitching up cuts, cutting out tumors, etc. As the game progressed, however, the surgeries got more and more complicated. At one point we had to conduct a mitral valve replacement surgery! I guess when you've gone through the entire game, you're more qualified than most Indian Health Service doctors. (And at $50 for the game, it's much cheaper than med school!) Anyway, the games are fun, and I'm making a concerted effort to not hit Margaret in the face with my controller. (Although if I DO accidentally give her a black eye while trying to imitate a windmill, I'll be sure and take a picture and post it here.)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am impressed she could find one.

Maybe I am not looking hard enough....

Anonymous said...

Jayson found ours in Clarkston, WA. I have yet to see one for sale in Portland.