Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Star Trek marathon

Over the weekend, Margaret and I rented an entire season of Star Trek:Voyager from the local independent video rental store. We love the store, as they have absolutely everything... they even have a Czech animation section! How specialized is THAT? It's where I rent Norwegian films, too. Anyway, the way they rent tv series is you have to rent the entire season, not just individual discs from the season. Well, one season of Voyager was comprised of SEVEN dvds! I was watching three to fours hours a day of shows just to make sure I watched them all (except for that Klingon episode... ever since knowing someone in college who was WAY too into Klingons, I've been turned off by them.) We eventually finished the season finale at 10 minutes before they were due back at the rental store... mission accomplished!

Well after 28 hours of watching the 24th century, I'm now seeing all sorts of Star Trekky stuff around me. I'm aggravated that my computers are so slow, I'm having dreams that I'm on a star ship, and I find myself becoming as emotionless as a Vulcan... oh, strike that last one... I confused being dead inside with being emotionless... which is WAY different.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you will have more to talk about at the yearly "trekkie" convention you were gonna take Marge to in Vegas eh?

Unknown said...

Now you need to rent Trekkies. You'll see that your Star Trek marathon pales in comparison to what these people are willing to do for their fandom:

Trekkies 1 & Trekkies 2



And don't forget about this recent news article: Star Trek Apartment for sale on eBay

Dave D. said...

Yes, how can you forget Nadine... (cold shiver)