Monday, July 30, 2007

Oh my gosh... best... movie... ever

Okay, so that's a little exaggerated, but it was still very, very enjoyable. One of my favorite quotes was from President Schwarzenegger, who said, "I was elected to lead, not to read!" And the world finally got to hear Maggie's first word (I won't tell you what it was, though... you'll have to watch the movie if you want to find out.)

Now I don't have any new movies to look forward to for the rest of the summer. (Yes, can you believe I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of Underdog?)

3 comments:

CCinPDX said...

I agree! The Simpson's Movie was hilarious. Homer comes on screen at the beginning and tells the audience we were all suckers for paying to see something you can see for free on TV, but the movie was definitely better than any episode of the Simpson's I have ever seen....

Marge Simpson: How did the pig tracks get on the ceiling?

[cuts to Homer holding a pig to the ceiling]

Homer Simpson: [singing Tune to Spider-Man Theme Song] Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig. / Does whatever a Spider-Pig does. / Can he swing / from a web? / No he *can't*, / cause he's a *pig*. / Look out! / He is the *Spider-Pig*!

Anonymous said...

Good ol' Harry Plopper.

Anonymous said...

I hate to tangle with the expert here, but we (the audience) have already heard Maggie's first word even if none of the other Simpsons did. I believe it was "Daddy".