Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

I think that daylight savings time is just a conspiracy by the caffeine providers in this country to drive up demand. I swear getting up just that ONE HOUR earlier feels like I may as well have to get up at 2:30. Thank heavens for bottomless refills at Noah's or I would be screwed.

And to make matters worse, one of my coworkers had her last day on Friday and I got an email from her after I inquired on her transition to non-work life + daylight savings time. She replied that when she eventually got out of bed, she had to worry about making coffee, what kind of omelet she was going to make, and getting ready to watch The View. Arg. Now I know how Margaret felt our last semester at BYU when I was just there biding time. (I had an extra semester left on my scholarship, but was done with my classes, so I just filled my schedule with whatever so I could stay in Provo with Margaret. I'm sure that the scholarship wasn't designed for such abuses, but whatcha gonna do?) I only had classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, giving me a 4-day weekend every weekend for the entire semester. And my Wednesday schedule started at 2:00 pm. I was always trying to get Margaret to go out at all hours of the day and night, as I didn't have to worry about getting up before noon, while she was trying to cram four years of schooling into three. Needless to say, Margaret didn't get as much sleep that semester as I did. In fact she's still trying to catch up on sleep a decade later!

1 comment:

sonya d said...

So true... I know it's going to be a bad day when I drink my DC before noon. Every day this week, it was 10:30.