Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'm sitting here on pins and needles hoping Fandango works--I think they're being inundated with Harry Potter movie purchases. (Which is why I'm using the service--why else but for a major release blockbuster on opening night would some idiot pay the extra $1?) It would seem that they would plan for this--when I bought tickets to Spiderman, I tried at least twenty times before I didn't get a "server overload" message. Since a blockbuster is their bread and butter, you'd think they would be anticipating this level of traffic.

The last Harry Potter movie we went to on opening night, we made the mistake of waiting to get in line only ONE hour before the movie started. We ended up sitting two or three rows from the screen, which always makes me sick, and scared my contacts are going to pop out. Anyway, we sit down and decide we can deal with the seats, since it IS opening night and we're kind of rowdy as a group; having fun, etc., when someone sits down in front of me with the absolute WORST B.O. I have EVER SMELLED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE--and I've been to Oklahoma, so that's saying something! It was an unimaginable stench--but if you would like to try imagining a mere HINT of it, try thinking of a leperous hobo that hasn't seen bathwater since his train left Milwaukee back in 1968 AND he has a catfish that he caught just outside of Denver on that same trip in his pocket that he's been saving "for a rainy day" AND the railroad engineer, upon finding him, pushed him off the train into an open cesspool. That should give you a little whiff of what we had to endure. It was so bad that anyone with an outer layer of clothing took it off to breathe through it, and someone found a vial of lavendar essential oil in her purse, which we applied to our upper lips. That odor STILL made it through, but at least it was downgraded to nauseating instead of toxic. The SECOND the credits started rolling, we were climbing over one another in an attempt to leave the theatre. While the others in our group were doing it to flee the putrefaction, I was actually doing it because I'd made the mistake of drinking a large Diet Coke at the start of the movie and my bladder had backed up into my kidneys. Fortunately I escaped the whole ordeal without a bladder infection or a diminished olfactory sense. We plan on getting there early enough on Friday to make sure we get to choose our own seats, this time. Wish us luck!

Ugg! It took me ten minutes to write this, and I'm STILL waiting for Fandango! You'd think they'd be in a bigger hurry to overcharge me!

Phew! I was finally able to buy the tickets after more than an HOUR online. I watched the entire episode of Apprentice: Martha Stewart a business management program before the ticket was finally processed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup - STILL no luck. If only we knew the proper spell to speed them up! But then - I guess if we had magic - we'd have better things to do - like rearranging the oval office and making flying cars. Wahoo!!

Anonymous said...

Ah well, we had good old hubbies company rent a whole theater... no ticket buying, no fandango, no fighting for place in line....