Monday, November 14, 2005

My brother Jayson is probably the funniest person I know--in fact in high school, his jokes and sayings proved so popular that one friend took to using Jayson's phrases, followed up by, "copyright 1994, Jayson FiveCrows." Today, Jayson called me and told me about a LAN party he went to where people just sit around networked computers and play games like Doom and Warcraft. Jayson told me that, upon entering the room and seeing all the pale faces glued to the computer screens, he was prompted to say, "If all the nerds are here, who's running the internet?" I'm going to have to tell him to copyright that one--it's too perfect!

Follow-up: I just found out from Jayson that that line is a modification of a line from "American Dad." So much for original thought--he just regurgitated something he'd heard. Although I have to admit, being able to recall germane lines at a moment's notice is STILL quite a skill. (But now I'll have to cancel that copyright application that I'd filled out on his behalf.)

1 comment:

Dave D. said...

That is a great quote. Didn't realize it was your brother that was the funny one in the fam.