Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ugg, Margaret and I are recovering from food hangovers this morning. Last night, we went to B&J's for Earl/Gilmore Girls and since it was J's birthday on Monday, we cooked dinner for her there. Margaret and I cheated and bought pre-mixed meatloaf (we couldn't resist--it was the same price per pound as plain hamburger--and MUCH less work), and I made mashed potatoes. It was a recipe that I wanted to try out to see if it was worthy of making at Thanksgiving and it was--it should be, it had six tablespoons of butter and a cup of HEAVY CREAM! To top off the over-the-top food fest, our appetizer was chocolate fondue--we figured why wait until we were too full from dinner. Normally we don't eat such rich food, and now we're paying for it. I think I'll just have Cream-of-Wheat for dinner!

Speaking of rich--I was totally aggravated when I read that the lottery winners from Oregon (the ones who won $340 million) would only agree to appear on the Today show if they were flown to New York on a private jet, put up in the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, given tours of New York, meal allowances, and tickets to Broadway shows. So much for not having the money change you! And what's up with being so cheap? That just puts one more dent in my faith in a higher power deciding who gets to win the lottery--heaven forbid it would go to someone who would actually do any GOOD with it.

1 comment:

Dave D. said...

Where do you get premixed meatloaf (Must have!). But as far as the millionares wanting everything to be done for them, uh, that's how the rich are, aren't they? Makes sense to me though. "You want me to do this, then make it worth my while."