Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Crazy Hawthorne guy

I guess I've earned my Hawthorne credentials today--I got on the bus with a full kitchen garbage bag and no one even gave me a second look! I would have thought that someone carrying around a bag of garbage who didn't smell like urine would have been noteworthy. Actually, the bag was full of moss (I know--random, but it is for centerpieces for an event my work is putting on) that I had bought at Wal-Mart some huge, faceless conglomerate. It all worked out, though, as I'd much rather people see me carrying around a bag of garbage than be seen carrying Wal-Mart bags!

3 comments:

Dave D. said...

K, I'm confused... more than normally anyway. What do you mean by "Hawthorn credentials". Remember, I live in ignorant Utah.

Jeremy said...

Hawthorne is the Bohemian center of Portland--by earning my credentials, I meant that I felt comfortable toting around a bag of trash on the bus.

Dave D. said...

Aw, your "red trash" roots coming through?