Monday, May 22, 2006

X-Men movie preparations

This weekend is the premiere of the new X-Men movie. We're putting together a group to go see it on opening night--I know, we're gluttons for punishment, but the excitement is worth the crush of bodies that have been standing in line since Wednesday to make sure they're in the first screening and don't have decent jobs and/or girlfriends that keep them from doing something so crazy. I can remember back in ancient history before the invention of Fandango when we had to buy our tickets IN PERSON! When the Star Wars Triology was re-released, I remember driving up to Salt Lake at the crack of dawn to get tickets only to see HUNDREDS of people in line already--many of whom had sleeping bags and tents. I remember when the box office opened and the line started moving that some guy near the front was still asleep in his sleeping bag. There goes his Jedi credentials! Nowadays it's just a race between people who have the fastest internet connection.

In preparation for the movie, I'm growing out some Wolverine-style sideburns. Margaret has already made sufficient fun of me for them, but since I only have to grow them out a week, I can put up with it. Plus, she won't be making fun of me when she sees how scary and intimidating I am with them. I'll post some pictures from the line on Friday--I'll be the balding scrawny guy with the big mutton-chop sideburns--just what you imagine when you think of Wolverine--or Brigham Young.

No comments: