Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Screwy sizing

The other day I found a cool t-shirt at Target that jumped into my hands and I was therefore compelled to buy. Unfortunately I was too lazy to go to the dressing room to try it on for size...I mean who has the energy to take off the t-shirt they're wearing...not me! Since I generally wear a size small, I just grabbed that size and made the stupid assumption that it fit. Fast forward a couple of days when I was going to wear said t-shirt. YIKES! It was tight enough to wear to a Spanish discoteque on Slutty Night. Now I'm going to have to take the shirt back or give it to my four-year-old nephew, on whom it will probably fit perfectly.

This in contrast to the Abercrombie & Fitch t-shirt my brother gave me that was a size XXL and it fits me fine! He wears an XL, so he thought that a size larger should fit him. Obviously the t-shirts at A&F aren't meant to be worn but tucked into the back of your pants so you can show off your chest like all the models in their catalog do (and that's both genders!)

My favorite clothing size story, however, is someone in my family, who will remained unnamed, who wears snap-button shirts and constantly complains that since most clothes are made in Asia, they're sized for Asians--that's why a medium no longer fits comfortably over his belly. Umm, yeah, smallish Asians is the reason your shirts don't fit...

1 comment:

Dave D. said...

Maybe you shouldn't be buying shirts in the children's section. Maybe it's time to look in the men's department for your clothing.