Monday, June 19, 2006

Cruel tease

This morning as I trudged into work, I read a quote from Luke Perry, who stars in that new series about the group of friends that win $389 million in the lottery and how despite saying that it wouldn't change them, it really does. He listed several things that he'd do if he won the lottery, including raise 1,000 head of cattle, build an arch bridge, and ride cross-country on a horse and write a book about it. That got me to thinking about what I'D do if I won the lottery--and not just travel, but actual random acts that always intrigued me. Like formulating my own recipe for a delicious cola that is even MORE refreshing than Coke or Pepsi. I'd only use cola beans harvested by monkeys, and sugar grown in special hydroponic tubs from Antarctica. Unfortunately each bottle will cost over $700, but once you taste it, you'd be willing to pay $750!

Well, when I checked my stocks this morning, I almost had a heart attack. This is what I saw when I logged in;

Needless to say, I'm used to this number being MUCH lower. At first I thought something happened over the weekend and that we were rich, Rich, RICH! Then I thought, "I'd better hurry and sell these stocks before they crash." Then reason took hold and I realized that there was a glitch in the portfolio tracking site. Now I should sue MSN: Money for the emotional and psychologial damage those 3 seconds inflicted upon me! I guess the world will have to continue its anticipated wait for Jeremy Cola another few years.

2 comments:

Dave D. said...

Jeremy Cola has no name appeal. Try Crowtastic, or JerJuice.

Jeremy said...

Or why didn't I think of it before: Coca Crowla!