Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Blogiversary

Wow! A whole year has passed since I started this blog. What started out as a procrastination technique turned into something that I looked forward to doing, even after the thing I was procrastinating was completed. It has allowed me to keep in touch with a lot of family and friends that we live far away from. (Well, not necessarily 'in touch' as most of them never leave comments--hint, hint) It has made me more aware of the happenings going on around me (since I was constantly in need of new blog fodder I had to keep my eyes peeled for unusual stuff, and lo and behold--Portland delivered!), and most importantly, it has made me take more risks or do random things, again so I'd have something to write about--like when I danced in the cage at the dance club with no shirt on... oh, wait, I didn't write about that... uh, maybe later. Anyway! I've never been one to be a regular journal writer, but something about knowing that people are reading some random thought or activity (along with inappropriate comments) is so driving. This past year has been interesting and eventful to say the least (my diatribes on the superiority of peanut butter on chocolate chip bagels notwithstanding), and I hope that the upcoming year is even better!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations! We are so proud!

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! How exactly should we celebrate? I'm assuming large, expensive gifts are acceptable. Anyway - I'll pick you up tonight and we'll find out.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Cute picture but I remembered you with darker, longer hair. Oh, those were the days!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with Bonna. Are you trying to pretend you aren't an Indian? You had darker hair AND darker skin. Geez, are you ashamed of your heritage?