Thursday, October 05, 2006

Swamped

Ugg, these next two weeks are my equivalent to the seventh ring of Hell. I have to coordinate the creation of an entire Indian village in a state park--and it's so authentic that the site doesn't even have electricity! We set up a dozen tepees, and given Portland's infamous weather, there's a good chance that the heavy canvas tepees will be weighed down with 450 lbs. of rainwater as we try to put them up. After the event, I almost don't know what to do with myself, but prior to it, it's all I can think of. I usually start losing sleep over it starting two weeks beforehand, but this year has been different. I am fighting a major cold, and so I have to take Nyquil to get some sleep. Well, a drug-induced slumber is just the ticket to prevent me from stressing about things and keeping me awake. Maybe I should take it until the event, despite the fact that my cold feels about over.

Or I could use my grandmother's homemade cough remedy, which includes honey, lemon, and WHISKEY! That should REALLY get me to forget my stress!

No comments: