Thursday, December 14, 2006

I feel so violated

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for 2006 to be over. During the course of the year, we've had some not so optimal things happen to us, and we thought that Kitty dying was on par... closing out the year exactly how we expect. Well, the Fates had more store for us. Last night, while Margaret was in the throes of grief while we buried Kitty, she (understandably) didn't notice that she'd left her purse on the porch. This morning, I got a call from Visa asking about suspicious charges, including Western Union wire transfers, cell phone subscription applications, a sporting goods store (gasp). The rep asked, "are you sure that your wife didn't get you a Christmas present at the sporting goods store." I was thinking, "Lady, the LAST place Margaret would find me something I wanted for Christmas would be a sporting goods store!" Anyway, I had to use the morning cancelling our credit cards, Costco card, etc. It makes me so mad that someone exploited our grief like that. And right before Christmas, too. Hope you have a Merry Frickin' Christmas you bastard!

Now I'm going to be learily experiencing these last few weeks of 2006. What else can go wrong? (Great... and we're FLYING to Utah!)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

so flying to Utah feels the same as being violated? Hmmm, explains a lot....