Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nerve-racked

They say waiting is the hardest part. I'll say. I totally dreaded coming home to a dead Kitty yesterday after work, but she was still ticking. After pampering her all evening, we put her back outside in her heated box. This morning, Margaret and I fought over who would have to go check to see if she survived the night. I ended up checking, and sure enough, she slowly made her way out of her box. Now I can go back to biting my nails throughout the day, not knowing what I'll come home to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be hanging with her at the house all day. Right now, she's curled up in a cute little ball on the green chair. She hasn't moved in a couple of hours but she's still breathing. Anyone want to tend our cat who refuses to eat and will probably die while we're on holiday? I'm guessing no. I'm afraid we'll have to put her down. Since they are practically part owners, I'll call Twink and Harold and see if they want to come visit her. This is really awful.

Tracy said...

If she isn't thriving, sometimes putting her down is the kindest thing you can do. Yes, I am an animal lover, just pragmatic as well. Get your pets, hugs, scratches, or whatever you want to say goodbye, then take her in. Good luck.