Sunday, July 09, 2006

Minty medicine

Last weekend while we were in Idaho, Margaret got some mosquito bites that were driving her crazy with her trying not to scratch them. (I don't know what Idaho insects have against Margaret. One time we went camping with my family and she got a hobo spider bite that took almost two years to heal. I was glad that this time it was misquitoes and not killer bees.) Anyway, we got some anti-itch cream for her, and that helped her a lot. When we were driving back to Portland, as the temperature increased in the car, so did the itching of her mosquito bites. She asked me to get the cream out of my bag when we stopped, and all she said was that it was in a white tube. When we stopped, I grabbed the medicine and she carefully applied it to all her mosquito bites. After she had applied the cream to all her bites, she remarked that she didn't remember the cream smelling like mint. She then looked at the tube and realized that I'd grabbed her toothpaste by mistake and she'd put that all over her legs. It really didn't help with the itching (in fact it made it worse), but it did make the car smell minty fresh.

No comments: