Friday, September 15, 2006

Signature quote

For several years now, my signature catchphrase has been the title of this blog: "It's just a service I provide." I could use it to explain my every action. Inappropriate humor? It's just a service I provide. Telling you that awkward truth that I rub in your face that everyone else tries to ignore? It's just a service I provide. Crushing your childhood dream of becoming an astronaut by reminding you that you aren't terribly bright? It's just a service I provide. Accidentally destroying your belief in God? It's just a service I provide. Well, you get the picture. Well, today I was reading a blog written by someone in my neighborhood (although I have no idea who he is--just that he lives in Hawthorne--he could be the bagel guy, my neighbor, or even the homeless guy who is always on his laptop stealing an internet signal from the bookstore--who knows?) The blog is called Sublethal, and I love the writer's vocabulary and writing stye. He uses the most arcane language sometimes. How often do you see "ungent" or "raconteur?" The phrase that he came up with recently that is now vying for the JeremyCorp© corporate catchphrase is "I could never be born again because I'm extremely claustrophobic." Tis true, tis true.

No comments: