Friday, February 29, 2008

Pet Peeves

In today's paper, there was a list of some guy's pet peeves and I just had to reprint them here (without permission, of course):
My Pet Peeves by Dan Liebert
  • When my opera cape gets caught on homeless people's junk

  • Bad art in motel rooms, especially bad performance art

  • When a can of cheap peas says "Pea Color and Size May Vary" and inside there's just one giant blue pea

  • Barbecue restaurants with happy pigs on the sign

  • Those foreign guys on the subway who pretend to read newspapers written in gibberish

  • I've been all over the world and have lived among every kind of culture and I can say, without any hesitations, that the most ignorant, rude, selfish, and self-centered people on Earth are babies


To that list, I'll add a few of my own:
  • When people offer a blessing on some high-fat, high-sugar dessert and say "bless this food that it will nourish and strengthen our bodies"... unless you expect the dessert to transform into carrots or tofu, you might want to skip that part of the rote prayer.

  • All the people who make American Idol the top-rated show on TV

  • People who use the verb "believe" to describe their opinion on evolution or global warming. If you don't "believe" in gravity, what would happen? Yep, you guessed it, GRAVITY would still be holding you to the earth. (Which reminds me of a story my grandmother told me about a man on a tour my grandparents were on in Switzerland who, when asked if he wanted to see the glaciers on the Alps, responded, "I don't believe in glaciers.")

  • People who read my blog but never leave comments. What's up with THAT?!? I need feedback, people... unless you're withholding comments in an attempt at quality control. (You aren't, are you?)

7 comments:

CCinPDX said...

Speaking of [nonsense such as] evolution, check this oot:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1750172

Deb said...

I'm withholding comments until I see pictures of the remodel!

TDawgYo said...

You never met me. I don't even know how I found your blog, but I've been reading it since last summer.
And now that you've complained about it, I thought I'd leave a comment.

mark said...

i've mostly withheld my comments because i found your blog through a friend of friend...and perhaps even more removed than that.
can i just say how much i love your quirky and fun comments about life. i especially enjoy the stories from your daily experiences.
i'll have to make it a point to comment more often.

sonya d said...

I have to admit... I'm one of those American Idol people. Until this season, I watched it religiously AND voted!! I'm not one of the ones that like to watch the "bad" auditions in which you want to die over the humiliation of those self-deluded slobs. However, I do regularly comment on your blog, so am I redeemed?

Tracy said...

I haven't commently recently, mostly because I am jealous that you have gone on so many trips this year!

Actually I have just been too busy with my own crap. :D

Anonymous said...

I need to add a pet peeve. People who leave specialty paper in the main tray of the copier. As a designer I am always using special paper, but I don't leave it in the copier for someone else to print on. It just makes me scream when I run off 50 copies of my work onto some pre-filled form. Aaaaargh!