Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Drawback of western wear

This weekend, our friends that we helped move had an open house to show off their new place in its newly unpacked glory. Earlier in the day, we'd gone to Target and I found this cool western-style shirt that of course, it being Target, ended up in our shopping cart. I wore the shirt to the party, feeling all styling in it. The party was great; it was amazing to see their place without mounds and mounds of boxes. I swear it was right our of House Beautiful. Right as you came in the door, there was an enormous floral arrangement, with 4-foot lengths of pussy willows, birds in nests with eggs, some flowers, all arranged in a hollowed out birch trunk surrounded by a mound of moss. It was so over the top, I asked about it and found out that one of the people who helped them move had made it himself. When I ran into him, I complimented him on the amazing arrangement and warned him that by making something that great, people would start thinking he's gay (which he is; I was just making a joke) and he came back with the perfect reply: "Hello! You're the one wearing the Brokeback Mountain shirt!" Great! Now every time I wear that shirt, I'm going to wonder if people will think I'm getting ready to move to Wyoming--oh well, I'm still going to wear the shirt, because it IS cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you will have a shirt to go with the buttless chaps that Marge bought you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I'm sorry I missed that exchange but thankful for the replay in the blog! cmc

Anonymous said...

Lets leave Wyoming out of this. I saw on Leno last month a letter to the editor that there were no gay cowboys and there were not even any gays in Wyoming until 1963.