Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Parking rage

Last night, we met a few friends for dinner. It was ok, if you like your server bringing your food on the back of her shell and leaving a slime trail. She came so few times that I only got ONE refill on my overpriced pop! What a waste! Anyway, after that experience, we went out to get in the car and some courteous drivers had left us 4" of space in the front AND the back of the car! I was pretty sure I could navigate it tight enough to not have to go back and forth in the spot 20 times as seen in that Austin Powers movie. I could do it in 15. When I was SLOOOOWLY backing up the car so I could feel when the bumpers hit, I couldn't help but wonder how hard I would have to back into the car behind me to set off their airbags. Would that have been wrong? As it was I did finally get out of the spot--but that experience, coupled with the service at the restaurant left me with one of those little black clouds that stays right over your head that you see in all the cartoons.

I'm better now, since I've had my morning Diet Coke.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

The underlying question is whether a credit card can be used at a restaurant to calculate a negative tip.

i.e. Drinks, appetizer, meal = $35. Tip, ($3), total $32.

Is there some unwritten rule regarding tipping adversely? I would like to know what clod came up with a sub-10% tip as a "penalty" to the waitstaff. Adverse tipping would FORCE the restaurant to monitor their servers.

Jeremy said...

Agreed--in fact I read a "confessions" blog where someone was completely dissatisfied with their server, but since they had a party of 8, they automatically added an 18% gratuity--so he left a negative tip in the form of a glass of his own urine. (ok, that penalizes the busboy, but it would still be satisfying.)

Anonymous said...

I like the pee in the cup as a protest, or you could just go into the bathroom and leave a present in the "top shelf" that would last a little bit longer than until the table was bussed...