Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Like sands through the hourglass...

Someone pointed out to me that this early this morning, the clock/calendar said 01:02:03 04/05/06! (cue Twilight Zone music). Actually, what has me worried is an upcoming clock/calendar combination that tells me to that we only have a few more months to get everything packed up in handcarts for the long, long journey to Jackson County--for those who don't know, for Mormons, it's the North American gathering spot for the Reckoning. I can't even imagine why someone would leave the amazing mountains and deserts of Utah for humid, possum-overrun, backwater, rural Missouri, but to each his own, I guess. (You can read more about it here.) So set your countdown timer for 06:06:06 06/06/06. Actually, I we're just planning to wait it out here in Portland. After they've all left, we won't have to deal with hardcore fundamentalist Christians anymore and we can have a big party.

No comments: