Thursday, August 24, 2006

Inappropriate condiments

The other day, Margaret and I had a hankerin' for the really good burritos from our favorite burrito restaurant. Little did we know that those burritos would come with a side of innuendo! We decided to eat out on the patio, where we noticed all the tables had these salt and pepper holders. Was it just us, or is that holder really inappropriate? We were racking our brains trying to imagine what was supposed to fit in the longer part, but decided it really was just supposed to be inappropriate.

Speaking of inappropriate, a couple of Halloweens back, Margaret and I went to New Orleans and saw something on Bourbon Street that was SHOCKINGLY inappropriate. (I won't go into the details here, as it is a family blog--suffice it to say, it would never be shown on FOX, so you know it's bad!) I guess what should we have expected? New Orleans...Bourbon Street...Halloween...it was a recipe for debauchery unrivaled since ancient Rome. Anyway, after returning I had to rinse my eyes out with bleach to try and get the image out--it worked but my totally white eyes really creeps people out, now. Later, talking to a friend about our trip, I asked her if she could tell me if my judgement that the scene was shocking was because I'm Mormon or because it really was shocking. After telling her what we'd seen, and she picked her jaw up off the floor from shock, she replied, "No, that really is shocking!" It always feel good to get confirmation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After seeing the lewd picture, I have to wonder what kind of burrito were you really looking for?