Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Price of being scatterbrained

After hearing the dying wheezes of my cell phone's battery, I looked in my bag for the charger, only to discover I'd left it in the hotel when I was in Pendleton this weekend. Aggravated, I went to the Cingular store to buy a new charger and was disgusted to find that a replacement charger was $30 DOLLARS! The phone, which I got on a promotion, was only $25. I can't believe that they would take advantage of people like that--oh, wait, I forgot, we DO live in a capitalist society. Of course I had to pay for it, because without it, I'd be without a cell phone and in this day and age, that would be akin to being without clothes--sure you can get by without, but there's so much chaffing! So $30 later, I got my new cell phone charger, and vowed to keep a better eye on my electronic gadgets. I then proceeded to lose the headphones off my iPod somewhere between the gym, Taco Bell, and work. Maybe I should have vowed not to have so many gadgets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, well, it is better than losing the phone. I have done that, the week after I got the new fancy free phone with start up, and paid $180 for a lesser quality replacement phone.