Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Random facts about me

A while ago for a project, I had to compile a list of 100 facts about myself. I just found the list and thought I'd put them up here for posterity (an to be completely narcissistic and self-aware). I'm going to filter out the ones that are out of date or for one reason or another not appropriate to put on this forum, but here goes: Too many things that you never wanted to know about me:

  1. I am the oldest of four siblings
  2. I was born on an Indian reservation
  3. A freak accident with a horse bridle makes me nervous to ride another horse
  4. I was deathly embarassed as a child to have to wear husky pants
  5. I have a degree in Conservation Biology but hardly ever use it
  6. I wish I would have gotten a degree in Classical Studies
  7. I learned to drive a year behind the rest of my classmates
  8. That was still a year younger than in most other states
  9. I took shop in high school and only made things I had to cut out
  10. I am moderately germaphobic
  11. I hate when odors stay on my hands
  12. I am addicted to Diet Pepsi
  13. My first car was a Cadillac
  14. My second and third cars were VW Jettas
  15. I speak Norwegian
  16. I inherited my family's propesity for back problems
  17. I am a sucker for food with melted cheese
  18. People that deviate from the norm attract my attention
  19. I have a penchant for spotting misspellings on signs
  20. I started watching 90210 because a girl I liked watched it and it gave us something to talk about
  21. I have an irrational fear of my wife dying
  22. I start to prepare her funeral every time she's more than 15 mintues late to meet me
  23. I eat at Taco Bell almost every day
  24. I love Taco Time's Crustos
  25. I've only used Macs at all my jobs where I used a computer
  26. I first used Apple computers in third grade
  27. I got in trouble in third grade when I said my work was done so I could use the computer and the teach found out I'd lied
  28. I once got a week's detention for peeking in the girl's bathroom in forth grade
  29. I once cheated on a math test with my calculator watch
  30. I owned a calculator watch!
  31. I had eight Swatches during their 80's heyday
  32. I gave them all to my brother
  33. I've since gotten two back
  34. I hate fishing and hunting because I anthropomorphize the animals
  35. I love animal burrows under trees and fantasize about being samll enough to live there
  36. I only buy lottery tickets if the jackpot is over $100 million
  37. Despite never winning the lottery, I'm pretty lucky
  38. Despite saying I'm pretty lucky, I've not been so lucky with cars
  39. I got in a car wreck on my way to my missionary physical
  40. I got in another car wreck while on vacation to the Oregon coast
  41. Being evaluated drives my performance
  42. I am an Eagle Scout but can only remember 2 or 3 knots
  43. The first while book I read in Norwegian was a Nancy Drew book
  44. I play with my lip when I'm thinking and don't realize it until someone points it out
  45. I only read Richie Rich comic books growing up
  46. I grew up Republican but am now a very left-leaning Democrat
  47. I often tell people I'm from North Idaho, as if it's a state unto itself
  48. I love maps, both looking at them and creating them
  49. Once people annoy me, I have a hard time being around them
  50. I can remember camping with my family when I was only four
  51. I hate doing push-ups but I do them anyway
  52. I would rather be too hot than too cold
  53. I would rather the weather be too cold than too hot
  54. The first time I ever went skinny-dipping, a leech attached to my inner thigh
  55. The second time was in Sweden
  56. I can't stand snakes
  57. I love the Simpsons
  58. I usually take two showers per day
  59. I've always wanted to visit Paris, but all I've seen of the city was the train station and the airport
  60. I developed an MSG allergy when I was 29
  61. It completely changed my eating habits
  62. I love to swim for exercise because I don't sweat
  63. I really like the scent of marigolds
  64. I prefer running on a treadmill over running outside
  65. I had absolutely no desire to be in drama calss in high school
  66. Still the thought of being in a play never tempts me
  67. I had to do Indian sign language in a church play
  68. I watch too much tv during the winter
  69. I like rain
  70. I can't stand my hands to be sticky
  71. I clean as a form of procrastination
  72. If a project loses my interest, it's almost impossible for me to regain any enthusiasm for it
  73. I had long hair when I was 10 because my parents wanted me to be in touch with my Indian background
  74. When I asked to get it cut, I felt guilty because my mom said I was rejecting my native roots
  75. I really like installing moulding
  76. I detest cleaning a toilet
  77. I love having new gadgets
  78. I have a birthmark on my forehead that used to be covered up by my hair but now is fully exposed
  79. My favorite cookie is snickerdoodles
  80. I love meatloaf but can't eat it in restaurants because it probably has MSG in it
  81. I hate when people load a dishwasher incorrectly
  82. I have been know to unload an incorrectly loaded dishwasher and reload it correctly
  83. I have a well-developed superiority complex
  84. I can justify just about anything
  85. I think gift bags are totally cheating and a little lazy
  86. I don't mind waiting in lines
  87. I can't stand non-cotton underwear
  88. I had a hernia operation when I was 7 and I still don't know how I got the hernia in the first place

There you have it--a long, long list of completely random things that you probably never needed to know about me and that you can now use against me or to make my life a living hell. Enjoy!

1 comment:

MonkeyLover said...

how funny, i made a list last week! I too detest cleaning the toilet :)