Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another missed snow day!

Awww. Yesterday morning, just when I thought I could roll over in my nice electrically warmed bed for another hour or so, I found out that despite our office being closed, our group travelling to central Oregon was still leaving, so for the second time in two days, I had to drag myself literally through the snow to get to work. At least my office has a policy that in situations like this, if you do come to work on a snow day, you can take those hours at a later date. Which turns out a bit better, since I'll get to choose when I can flake off work.

Speaking of flaking off work, Portland schools have a national reputation of short school years and cut funding. Well, I read in the paper this morning that due to the winter break, MLK holiday, and now these past two snow days, Portland students have attended school 8 of the past 31 days! Now THAT'S what I call a schedule! (It kinda reminds me of my final semester at BYU, where I stacked all my classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, giving myself four day weekends the entire semester. Ahh, those were the days... and Margaret hated it, because I was always pressuring her to go on road trips or whatever, but since she was swamped with classes [she was on the 3 year graduation path, whereas I was on the 6 year]. Oh well, it all worked out and we still ended up getting married, despite her seeing me in that semester of slackerhood.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by getting her to "go on road trips or whatever"? What was the whatever????