Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sleeplessness

Ever since I heard gales of laughter and excitement pouring through the telephone line from my brother telling me how cool Nintendo's new Wii was, I've wanted to get one for our house. Well, being that it's impossible to find has made it that much more of a challenge to get it before our birthdays in February. I thought my fruitless search was nearing a conclusion when my brother called and told me that they were available at Costco! Score! And for cheaper than anyone else! Double score! Of course I hadnt factored in the fact that they were readily available at their more rural Costco. When I called all the Portland ones, they said that they sold out of them the morning they arrived. When one of the stores noted that another shipment was en route and should be on the shelves on Tuesday, my hopes were renewed. All last night, I kept having dreams of being at Costco right as they opened and then fighting with other customers to get one, getting there only as the last one was being put into a cart by and old lady, or (the worst of the three) getting a brown paper bag with a Wii supposedly in it along with some gift items, only to search through it and, after rummaging through the coloring books, crayons, and colored pencils that were also in the bag, to find the heavy item at the bottom of the bag wasn't a Wii but a DAFFY LUCK LAZER TAG GAME! Oh the humanity. Of course first thing this morning I called to confirm the shipment and was told that it was delayed and to call back tomorrow! Ugg, looks like another night of crazy, disappointing dreams for me!

No comments: