Friday, April 27, 2007

One, two, three, four. I declare a flame war!

Gee, who would have thought that "oy" could elicit the most comments on my blog since I wrote that post condemming the Iran-Contra affair. Who would have thought? Two little letters, so much trouble (and Don Imus would probably say the same thing!) And in my defense, I think that "oy" belongs to the world now. If suburban Utah wives can use the phrase "bling bling" then I feel comfortable embracing my Yiddish vocabulary. Well, at least that ONE word. (Although schlep comes in handy on occassion.)

On to another controversial topic: Hello Kitty! Last week, Margaret got tired of wearing the provided life jackets at her dragon boat practices. (They smelled like they'd been doused in sweat and toxic waste, then allowed to fester in an enclosed space for days at a time... oh wait, that's because they HAD BEEN! They truly did smell terrible; Margaret came home from practice smelling like she was a homeless person or a Kentuckian. Anyway, she bought her own life jacket and proceeded to make it her own by designing a Hello Kitty patch for it where Hello Kitty was dressed in a leopard-print dress (Margaret's signature pattern) and holding a dragon boat paddle. When she unveiled it at Monday's practice, she was flooded with compliments... most of which came from the high school team that practices at the same time. To top it off, she replaced the brand patch on the front with a Jem and the Holograms logo. Too cool! By the way, when I was looking for a picture of Hello Kitty for this post, I came across this one and couldn't help but post it. It's a scene from the new movie "Sweet Carnage: The Bloodening."

No comments: