Monday, June 11, 2007

'That's how they get you'

Check out this sign from a Baptist church:



Heaven forbid you ask GOD about something, especially when churches are always more than happy to tell you what's what... plus there's no telling what kind of answer God will give you. In the church in this picture, I'll assume the parishners find out there's a whole list of things that you aren't supposed pray about because the answer will lead you astray. Some of the forbidden questions include:

  1. Should I be worried about climate change?
  2. Should I be concerned that groups of people even in America are being denied equal rights?
  3. Are the goals of Universal health care something that I should support?
  4. Why are brown people so scary?
  5. Isn't the widening gap between the rich and the poor unfair and unjust?
  6. Do I really get to go to heaven and anyone that doesn't think like me will burn in hell? [Uh, that one is okay to think about... in fact, go ahead and fixate on that to the exclusion of thinking about clean air and water, hunger, poverty, injustice, homelessness, racial and sexual discrimination, censorship, war, suffering, or misery. You'll be happier that way.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, brown people are scary! Check out there sign from last week!

http://www.groundedgroove.com/brownpeople.jpg

Anonymous said...

oops here Scary Brown People!

Tracy said...

It's funny, now nothing on the internet is real, isn't it.

The fine print on the top of that photo is hard to see.

I wonder where my friend got it when she sent it to me?

Yes, brown people are scary.... but I havne't seen any, so I am ok.