Monday, February 27, 2006

Geesh! I can't believe I've been looking forward to getting back to work all weekend. We had some new doors installed at our house and they were unfinished, so I had to stain and seal them. They couldn't be closed while the treatments were drying, and two french doors wide open leave a pretty gaping hole in the side of the house--and a pretty gaping hole in our wallet not only for the doors but for the heating bill. Even when the doors had dried enough to close, I was reluctant to do so, since the fumes were overwhelming--I still have a headache and I left the house an hour ago! What is the most aggravating, though, is when I went outside to see how the doors looked, I noticed that the stain didn't even adhere to the door! I think there is some weatherization treatment on the outside surface--and unfortunately the only way to cover that up is to paint the doors. I swear, homeownership is not all it's cracked up to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could have made your money back by allowing the hippies from your block to huff the fumes (for a small fee).

Anonymous said...

Good idea - but then the crazies might notice that it would be easy as pie to come in later tonight, slit our throats, and steal all $10 of cash that we've got in the place - as there are no locks on the doors! But alas, the hardware arrived today and we can stop expecting Kitty to guard the place.

Jeremy said...

And from the immortal words of Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch: "Dogs guard; cats watch... and judge." I'm thinking Kitty would just give some patchouli-smelling hippie a disdainful look for walking too close to her food dish.