Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how cold it's been here in Portland the last few days! On Friday, coming in to work, I was carrying a fountain pop--it's NEVER too cold for an ice-filled Diet Coke--and since I didn't have gloves on, I put the cup in the crook of my arm so I could keep both hands in my coat pockets. Since this was kind of awkward, I couldn't help but spill some of the pop, some of which splashed onto my coat. When I got in the building, I looked down and saw the beads of pop on my sleeve, so I tried to brush them off, but they wouldn't move--they were FROZEN to my sleeve!!! I don't remember that even happening in NORWAY! I was just glad I hadn't wet my pants!

Which reminds me of a time a group from BYU went down to the Hot Pots during the winter. Coming back from a night of soaking, one of the girls started freaking out because her hair was "full of sticks!" Well, it turned out that her hair had just frozen solid. Talk about stupid--we hiked several miles to soak in hot water, paying the price by risking hypothermia on the hike back! Typical college students!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh - sticks-in-hair girl made me crazy. In fact, making her jealous was the first reason I flirted with you - and look where that got me.... Phewww!