Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It never ceases to amaze me how sometimes people can get so caught up in their work that they can't see the inherent stupidity of what they're doing. Yesterday I went to buy a Diet Coke at the cafe next to my work. When I went to pay, I gave the cashier $20.25, which would give me $19 in change. Well, he opened up the register and didn't have any tens, only one five, and only nine ones. He gave me the $5 bill and nine $1's and started counting out QUARTERS to make up the rest of the change. After he realized that 1) he didn't have enough quarters (it would have been THIRTY-TWO!!!) and 2) it would have cleaned out his cash register, he said, how about you just take this on credit and pay tomorrow. I couldn't believe that it took him that long to think that up. And I was relieved that he allowed it, because with thirty quarters in my pocket, I would have been at constant risk of my pants falling down from all the weight!

1 comment:

Dave D. said...

ugh, like you ever needed an excuse to drop your pants....