Monday, February 13, 2006

Well, my birthday has come and gone--now I'm going to have to change my bio to the right to say "35 frickin' years old" and "making my life seem 87% more interesting." Right on schedule for the birthday, too, was my back going out. I don't know if it was a delayed effect of carrying all the boxes of Ikea furniture, putting my shoulder too much to the wheel (why don't they consider putting little motors in the handcarts for the pioneer reenactment?), or competing in a breakdancing contest here in Portland (do you know how rough a back spin that moves into a head spin is on your back? Agony!) Anyway, however I did it, talk about inopportune time! Right when I'm feeling like I'm getting old, my back goes out and I have to hobble around, have difficulty getting out of a chair, and can't lift a thing. A couple of times the pain was so bad, I would have considered using a WALKER! My back's on the mend now, after the whole aging and mortality message got through to me from my spinal cord. Hopefully it won't go out again this week, since this weekend is Margaret's birthday and walking around with a hunched over guy helping him get out of the car are not good ways to think you're young (I guess if I had a couple million dollars she'd be my trophy wife--as it is, the only financial benefit she gets from being married to me is a favored tax status. I guess it will have to do.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More importantly she gets the benefit of living with you without living in sin unlike some of us....

Anonymous said...

I figured that last comment was in Norse so I looked it up and took me a while to figure it out cause on the site I found it was spelled Jeg elskede deg? is that right?

Jeremy said...

Actually, they're both wrong. The first one is in Swedish--and never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here, and the second one is in the past tense (I loved you). While perhaps appropriate given which definition of "love" you use, the real phrase is: Jeg elsker deg (roughly pronounced "yai elsker die." There--language lesson over for the day.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jeremy (sorry Im late:)

Oh and du er Deilig!

KIDDING! ;)