Friday, February 03, 2006

Yesterday going home, I thought I lucked out when the bus that goes right near our house came by right when I was heading home. Since this bus comes so infrequently--I think it is set to only come one minute BEFORE I get to the stop--I usually go on the train, but that's a pain, since I then have to take TWO MORE busses to get home. Well, since I'd caught the direct bus off guard and managed to get on, I thought I'd be getting home early enough to watch the Flinstones, but alas, it wasn't in the cards. At an intersection where the bus has to merge from the righthand lane into the left in order to turn, a car (actually, it was appropriately an SUV) would not let the bus in. I guess she was in a big hurry to get back to her suburban bliss. Since the bus has no choice--it couldn't just miss the turn--it turned on its yield sign and started to merge into the lane. Well this evidently infuriated the SUV driver, because the driver started leaning on her horn and kept driving--eventually driving RIGHT INTO THE BUS! Gee, she really proved her point. As soon as the bus made the turn, the driver had to stop and pass out witness forms to all the people on the bus. We then had to wait for a transit official... and wait.... and WAIT! No one could leave the bus until the inspector came, so we were trapped on that bus for almost a half an hour. It felt like a combination of one of those overcrowded trains in Gandhi coupled with Panic Room--...can't... gasp... breathe... walls... closing... in... and... guy... next... to... me... smells... like... feet!. We FINALLY were able to leave the bus to transfer to another (since that bus had to stay put), but of course--true to form--right as we were allowed off the bus, the next bus zoomed past us before anyone could get to the stop. The only consolation to the whole ordeal was that that woman who was in such a hurry that she couldn't bear to have the bus merge in front of her was trapped at the scene--and was still there when we were allowed off the bus so I have no idea how long she was delayed. Sometimes I just LOVE karma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well Jeremy, at least "FESTER" wasn't on the bus with you this time, remember the guy who was on the bus with us when I was over there a couple of months ago? Imagine having to look at that for a whole half hour!