Thursday, March 23, 2006

Don't provoke the pigeons

Looks to me like SOMEONE has been buying generic birdseed again. When will people learn that 9 out of 10 filthy germ-ridden pigeons prefer Crazy Homeless Lady's Tuppence© brand organic bird seed? Also, looking at this picture, you just know that when that kid grows up and can drive, he's going to try and hit every single pigeon he can.

I remember one time my little brother got pooped on by a bird. Let me preface this story with two things: 1) I'm only writing it because he is hundreds of miles away so he won't be able to kill me easily, and 2) Growing up, my little brother reacted to surprises (like getting pooped on by a bird or being told that his pants don't match his shirt) with astonishingly virulent all-consuming RAGE! He was a holy terror that would rival any viking berserker when he got embarassed or mad. Well, one time on a fishing trip--and we had JUST arrived--as we were getting out of the car, my little brother felt something drop on his head. Thinking it was rain, he reached up and discovered his hand covered with white--BIRD POO! Oh my gosh, he flew into a rage that probably scared the salmon back downstream. I don't even know how mom calmed him down--she probably offered to buy him a BB gun so he could kill each and every bird that he saw fly in his air space. Fortunately he's chanelled the pure rage energy into an equally destructive, but less violent, form: soul-crushing sarcasm, and flesh-flaying mockery. Being on the receiving end of both of those, I sometimes wish for the berserker attacks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His little rage fits were crazy, remember how he would bight the inside of both of his cheeks and then pull the double windmill action with his arms trying to make contact with anything he could.. ooohhh "we all have stories"

Anonymous said...

I think the birds had it out for him....there was also another incident that same year where a bird pooped in his hair on the way home from neighbors house. Upon returning home it came everyones attention and the poor guy tried to play it off by saying it must have been toothpaste in his hair.