Tuesday, March 28, 2006

From the diaper wipes of children...

Well, the goatee didn't last long. This weekend, we were down near Monterey, California with Margaret's family. It was a lot of fun--and the Monterey Aquarium is everything it's cracked up to be. Anyway, back to the goatee, on Sunday night--after carefully growing out that thing for 10 long days, thinking I'm looking coolly mysterious and slightly dangerous--my niece comes up to me while we're sitting around watching a movie and wipes something wet on my mouth. At first I think it was a used Kleenex, then I realize it was a wet wipe and that she's using it to clean the dirt off my face--only the dirt was the goatee! She would wipe and get a puzzled look on her face then try my chin, look even more puzzled. After she saw that it wasn't coming off, she finally gave up. It was hilarious, and Margaret thanked her for confirming that I looked better with a clean face. I shaved it off the next morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sell out, you got to stick to your guns.....

Anonymous said...

Fifty bucks says Margaret put her up to that.

Dave D. said...

No bet.

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked you would think such a thing. She thought of it all on her own. And in my defense - Anna's not the type to do anything she's not the mastermind behind.

Anonymous said...

from this limited profile view - I think it looked good!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, didn't mean to be mysterious - that's EB above