Wednesday, March 08, 2006

This morning, I noticed that there was a message on our voicemail, so I played it and it was from my grandmother, only she wasn't talking to leave me a message, she was talking to my aunt about the chicken they were going to have for dinner. Thinking that they were in the middle of a conversation and that they were going to leave a message, I continued to listen... to the entire three minute conversation! I have no idea how that could have happened, but somehow we got included in a three-way call with them, and since we weren't there to answer, it ended up being recorded for posterity on our voicemail. When I called B to tell her about it, she was amazed and we both tried to figure out how it could have happened. I wonder if this is some provision in the Patriot Act where international calls are wiretapped to Homeland Security while dinner plan calls are wiretapped to us. I'll do my patriotic duty when I get the calls to critique the menu options and, with an air of moral superiority, inform people that if they make the pita sandwiches with hummus spread for dinner then the terrorists have won!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing they weren't talking about you....I told you after working in the Army intel, I will never talk on the phone the same way because there is nothing that is sacred or secure.....

Jeremy said...

This whole wiretapping debacle the president's in must be pretty interesting coming from an Army Intel background!