Thursday, March 30, 2006

Wanted: Social Secretary

Oy! This week has been crazy already, and it's not even the weekend yet! We flew back from California on Monday--and since we had to fly coach, my back is still aching from the posture-perfect seating that allows you to recline a half an inch. That shot the whole day, as only travel can. Then on Tuesday, we went to some friends' house for dinner and see their ultrasound. You'd be surprised how excited the father was to show us the pictures of the baby's scrotum! Last night Margaret had a planning meeting for the baby shower for the aforementioned friend and since the host of that meeting was making red beans and rice (she's from Louisiana, so you know they're good), I tagged along. I'm pretty sure I contributed nothing to the shower planning, and my suggestions were quickly dismissed, but I gotta tell you--the red beans and rice were GREAT! Anyway, tomorrow we have an evening engagement, Saturday we have an open house for the friends who we helped move last month, and Sunday Margaret has to shuffle three appointments and she still had to opt out of a potential fourth! I swear, we're going to be looking forward to this coming Monday! Since we don't have anything scheduled for this evening, I wonder what Margaret would say if I told her I'd planned a party at our house tonight and invited a couple dozen people?

Speaking of which, I remember one time when Margaret and I had just gotten home from shopping or something and there was a knock on the door. I answered it and it was someone from a board that I'm on. She said, "I'm here for the board meeting." Wha? Sure enough, behind her was several other board members who had just pulled up. It had completely slipped my mind and Margaret scrambled to fix something for all our guests. It turned out okay, but Margaret has yet to let me live that down. And I think that she secretly thinks that I'd do that again--which I wouldn't--I was just thankful that we'd gone somewhere before or we might not have even been dressed when they came!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I do know that there are a lot of wigs in the house!